Fusion Firearms 80% 1911 Colt GI style, Government frame w/.250 radius grip safety cut– Carbon
- From the Fusion Firearms machine floor, we now offer 80% 1911 frames for the gunsmith and home 1911 builder alike. These 70 Series frames are precision CNC machined from 4140 alloy steel (BAR-Stock)and heat treated 28-32 Rc for exceptional wear resistance and yield strength. All frames are set-up with a standard barrel ramp configuration. These 80% frames are the best of the best being precision machined using “state-of-the-art” CNC manufacturing processes, from solid bar-stock steel, NOT a casting. This frame is machined with .250 Radius grip safety cuts for more modern beavertail grip safety designs. Additional services can be completed Prior to shipment, see below additions. These frames are all new production and not rejects or returns from larger OEM manufactures.
These frames Include:
- Trigger track is complete
- .250 Radius grip safety cuts for more modern beavertail grip safety designs
- Disconnector, Ejector, slide stop, thumb-safety, & grip safety holes and machining ops complete
- Magazine slot is complete and broached
- Magazine entrance is beveled machined for mag clearance
- Grip screw bushings are already tapped to colt standard
- Mag catch and mag-catch lock machined complete
- Original rugged, Colt style 70 series design
- Matte blasted surface Finished
- All other machining operations are complete other than the “Operations Left” list below
Operations left to be machined:
- Cutting of the slide rails
- Cutting of the Barrel Seat
- Drilling of the Hammer Pin hole
- Drilling of the Sear Pin hole
This unit will ship directly to you with NO FFL required by law.
This blank is not a firearm until you complete it.
Check your local and state laws to determine the legality of completing this part.